Sunday, April 7, 2013

The French Connection by Cardcetera

Mail Call!



I'm finally back and this time with the promised review of Cardcetera's newest line of postcards, "The French Connection."  So how do I describe these postcards without sounding overwhelmingly biased? ......Well first, let me warn you, I've never "reviewed" anything before, so there's no telling which way this post may go.....fingers crossed it's nowhere strange. :)

So -- I love surprises, well, that's not entirely true, but when it comes to happy mail, yes, surprises are good.  Hmmm....well this package wasn't entirely a surprise, I had been tipped off that something might be headed my way, but the real surprise was opening it up and seeing these great postcards for the first time.  The postcards have a semi-gloss finish, so they are nice and shiny, but if you're extra picky like me, they aren't going to show icky fingerprints.  The back is cute (you can get a glimpse of it on the website or in the above picture) but not so amazing that you feel guilty for writing on it or covering it with stamps, always a good thing.  I don't need a back of postcard guilt complex.  Also, the texture is perfect for writing on.  Have you ever found an amazing postcard only to be disappointed because the ink from your favorite pen smears -- even after you delicately set it aside to dry?  Ok, maybe that's just me, but that won't be happening here -- you can put the fine tip, permanent marker away.  Then there are the pictures themselves, I do love them, I'd be lying if I said anything less, but there are a couple that stand out as my personal favorites.  First there is the appropriately titled, "Bucket of Macarons,"it is light, colorful and who doesn't love sweets?  You can click on the hyperlink of simply direct your gaze to the picture below - hint: it's the one of the right.



My other favorite, which I've conveniently buried on the bottom of the next image - what was I thinking? - is Sacre Coeur from Orsay Museum.  It is a beautiful black and white image and through the gilding you see the picturesque Sacre Coeur in the distance.



I really like these cards and am looking forward to sending them - I've been holding off because I've been too busy to blog, but as soon as I click "publish" I will be putting pen to postcard.   I hope you have enjoyed my fist-ever review.  For better images and the actual ability to purchase, please visit cardcetera.com and by the way, they are still on sale.  

Good night!


PS My comment about the back of the postcard isn't supposed to sound negative, I hope no one takes it that way.


3 comments:

  1. I think I can eat that bucket of macarons.

    Wonderful review! I love the photos and your descriptions of the sets of cards. Also, I like the new background. Your blog makes me feel warm and fuzzy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. The pictures were kind of a cheat because it was late and I didn't want to pull out all sorts of photography equipment. I am glad you like the post. Please stop by regularly, more posts are coming.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for a great review! I like it how everyone seems to have different favourites in the set. The macarons is my favourite too ;) And if you do come to Nurnberg / Erlangen, well I can promise you there is a very nice shop in Erlangen were they sell macarons in the true French style :)

    ReplyDelete